Sliding Fee Discount Program
What is a Sliding Fee Discount Program?
The Sliding Fee Discount Program allows us to reduce or “slide” the fees for the care (Medical, Behavioral Health, and Dentistry) you or your family receive at United Family Medicine. Sliding scale fees, access for all (video, 13 sec)
If your income is low, you can receive the quality health care you need at our clinic. We can help you with our Sliding Fee Discount program.
The Sliding Fee Discount Program is available to all patients of United Family Medicine who qualify for the program. To see if you qualify, we will consider the size of your family and your income. We will then determine your discount based on a discount schedule of federal poverty income guidelines. To view the discounts and federal poverty guidelines, please click this link.
For more information, please contact our Patient Financial Advocate at 651-758-9472.
How do I Apply for Sliding Fee Eligibility?
When you meet our Patient Financial Advocate, please bring the following documents or email them to SF@unitedfamilymedicine.org. Ask us for help if needed, to supply the forms for income verification.
- Income information for each member of your family/dependents:
- Earnings/wages; self-employment income; commissions: tips
- Social security; supplemental security income (SSI); minor child SSI, alimony; workers compensation; estate or trust income; unemployment
- Rental income; VA benefit; interest/dividends; annuities; public assistance; child support
- Retirement/pension, educational assistance; gambling winnings, other financial assistance, and other sources of income that would be deemed taxable on an IRS tax return.
Federal 340b Prescription Drug Program
Our clinic and prescribers also participate in the federal 340b program that helps make your prescriptions more affordable for you. Please ask about help paying for prescription drugs when you meet with your healthcare team.