Our hiring managers are looking for qualified individuals who are interested in helping us provide quality health care to individuals of all backgrounds. We are an equal opportunity employer strengthened by the diversity of our employees. We look forward to learning more about you!
If you are interested in applying for one of United Family Medicine’s open positions, please apply at the link provided in the specific job post below.
United Family Medicine is deemed a Federal Public Health Service Employer.
A great place to work – join us! (video, 24 sec)
My favorite thing about working here – the energy! (video, 16 sec)
Chief Medical Officer
United Family Medicine is seeking a full-time Chief Medical Officer (CMO) Medical Director to provide clinical oversight to the medical, dental and behavioral health services of UFM. As a member of UFM’s executive team, this position serves as an ex-officio member of the United Family Medicine board. The CMO also serves as a clinical provider and Director of Quality for the clinic. In addition, this position establishes and ensures the highest standards of professional medical care for the patients at UFM.
- Graduate of an accredited Medical School is required.
- Successful completion of a residency program in family practice is required.
- Minimum five years of patient care experience following medical school is required.
- Medical experience in an outpatient family medical clinic including pediatrics, obstetrical/gynecological, medical care and non-emergency care is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience as a physician leader in a complex, non-profit medical organization is required.
Patient Financial Services Representative
United Family Medicine is seeking a full-time Patient Financial Services Representative. The Patient Financial Services Representative will work to provide insurance and financial assistance to patients who lack access to healthcare and health insurance, or are underinsured, and provide enrollment and application assistance and build/strengthen enrollment collaborations with local partner organizations.
- High School Graduate or GED is required.
- Two years post-high school education or Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- At least 2 years of previous patient financial service experience in a community clinic setting is required.
- Knowledge of insurance requirements for the third party, Medicare, MNSure and Medicaid is required.
- Knowledge of sliding fee scales and components is required.
- Bilingual/fluent in English and Spanish, Hmong, Somali, Amharic or Tigrinya is preferred.
Program Manager – Behavioral Health
United Family Medicine is seeking a full time (50% management and 50% patient care) Program Manager- Behavioral Health to support our clinic by leading a team of community health workers and social workers in a strategically planned development and expansion of Healthcare Home and Behavioral Health Home programs service integration into primary care. This is a NEW position that will help shape the direction of the Behavioral Health Department.
Qualified candidates will be fully licensed in the state of Minnesota as Licensed Clinical Social Workers, be able to multi-task and pay attention to detail, prepare quality improvement reports, analyze data to create workflows that meet quality measures, assist in grant writing and reporting. This position will work closely and serve as an assistant to the Director of Behavioral Health and Integrated Services.
- Master’s level degree in mental health with an active MH License is required.
- Doctoral level degree in mental health is preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience in program management, behavioral health leadership, as well as clinical work, is required.
- Experience working in medical settings, especially in Integrated Behavioral Health is preferred.
- Fluency in Spanish is preferred
Mental Health Therapist
United Family Medicine is seeking a full-time Licensed Mental Health Therapist to support the Behavioral Health Department by identifying, triaging and managing patients with medical and behavioral health problems within the primary care setting. This position supports and collaborates with medical providers in managing patients with complex issues and relays diagnostic impressions, interventions and recommendations to the team. The Licensed Mental Health Therapist completes diagnostic, chemical health and crisis assessments and treatment plans. In addition, this position provides brief, solution-focused, and skills-based intervention as well as ongoing psychotherapy to help improve mood and health outcomes and follows up with patients as indicated.
- Master’s or other graduate degree in one of the behavioral sciences or related fields from an accredited college or university that allows for the practice of mental health in the state of MN.
- Minimum of two years of experience working in an Integrated Behavioral Health or medical setting is preferred.
Certified Diabetes Educator
United Family Medicine is seeking a part-time Certified Diabetes Educator, responsible for providing diabetes education for patients and their families in collaboration with clinicians. This is a 20-hour per week, temporary grant-funded position expiring 03/31/2023. The Certified Diabetes Educator systematically and continuously collects and assesses data related to patient health status to develop, execute and evaluate the plan of care. This position utilizes evidence to drive clinical decisions and practice related to individual and population health. The Certified Diabetes Educator establishes goals and strategies for meeting care coordination needs across settings with the patient, family, and/or other care providers.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN).
- 3-5 years of ambulatory RN experience.
- Prior experience working in an FQHC and/or primary care area preferred.
United Family Medicine is seeking a full-time Dental Receptionist to support the Dental Department. As the first point of contact for patients seeking dental care, the Dental Receptionist is a key facilitator for patients and staff in providing a satisfying experience for patients. In addition, this position positively and professionally interacts with patients both in-person and through phone communication. The Dental Receptionist, being aware of clinic operations, facilitates the process of scheduling patients for care as well as coordinating payments for services rendered.
* $1,500 New Hire Bonus! *
- High School Graduate or GED is required.
- Certification in dental, medical, office administration or related field is advantageous.
- Experience as a medical/dental receptionist or medical/dental insurance processing.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in using computer systems with experience in dental Dentrix program and/or OCHIN experience preferred.
- Previous work experience desirable.