Introducing Convenience Care
Healthcare Made Easier
United Family Medicine now offers same-day service, with no appointment needed. Just come in!
How It Works
- Walk-in patients initially see a triage nurse to assess their care needs, then transfer to the primary provider best suited to them.
- Convenience Care provides comprehensive healthcare services, including onsite laboratory tests and x-rays and interpreter services.
- Currently Convenience Care is available from 8 am to 5 pm.
Flexible payment options, including sliding scale fees, are available to those who qualify.
UFM accepts Medicaid, Medicare, and over 400 other insurances. We also offer a sliding fee discount for the uninsured, and no one is denied access to any services.
Location & Hours
1026 West 7th Street
Saint Paul, MN 55102
8 am – 8 pm, Monday through Thursday
8 am – 5 pm, Friday
8 am – noon, Saturday
Saturday Convenience Care Clinic will be closed on the following dates:
May 27, 2019
July 6, 2019
August 31, 2019
November 28, 2019
Primary care for everyone
It is our goal to become your medical home — you can count on us to give you the best possible health care. With a history that goes back over 70 years, we have developed services to meet the needs of people who are looking for quality health care, but who may be working through personal, cultural or financial challenges. Please call us and we will be happy to help you. UFM does not discriminate patients based upon race, color, national origin, disability, religion, sex, age, or, sexual orientation.
We provide medical care to infants, children, adults and elders. We offer you the following services at our clinic:
- Pediatric care, including well-child examinations, immunizations, developmental screening and camp and school physicals
- Adult physical examinations
- Gynecological and obstetric care, including prenatal care, delivery and on-site ultrasound
- Geriatric and nursing home services
- Same-day appointments for children and adults who need urgent attention because of injuries or illnesses
- 24/7 on-call physician services
Integrated Behavioral Health Consultants who collaborate with patients on their health goals.
- Mental health assessment and counseling provided by on-site licensed psychologists
In addition to the “in the moment” Integrated Behavioral Health consultant visits, we also provide Specialty Mental Health (therapy) when indicated. We view every first- time visit as an Assessment opportunity to understand the whole person’s needs, and to make referrals when indicated to ensure you get the right services for your particular challenges.
Disease screening and preventative care
- Pediatric lead screening
- Immunization monitoring
- Screening for tobacco use and smoking cessation
- Prostate cancer screening
- Referrals for mammography
- Cervical cancer screening
Chronic disease management
- Special programs to enhance the lives of people suffering with chronic diseases such as diabetes and asthma
- Medical Home Specialists and Integrated Behavioral Health Consultants who team with you and your Primary Care Provider to help you meet your unique health goals.
- Dental services for children and adults on-site
Chemical Health Services
UFM is dedicated to the health of our community and patients. Our providers are committed to treatment of chronic pain issues in a manner that keeps patients safe. We assess for substance usage issues that affect the safety and wellness of patients, and offer services and referrals as needed for patient wellness. Your Medical and Behavioral Health providers will support you in addressing any of these issues in the most effective way. In the summer of 2019, we are beginning a Medication-Assisted Treatment Group for those who are receiving Suboxone here at UFM, and anticipate this programming will grow.
“The friendly and helpful attitude of everyone makes me feel at ease.”
- On-site lab and x-ray facilities
- Admittance to and care at United and Children’s Hospitals in Saint Paul
- Satellite clinics at Sibley Plaza and in downtown, Lowertown
- Pharmacy services – access to local discount programs
- Community support, including patient listening groups and community health events focused on special needs like immigrant health issues
- Translator and interpreter services to help meet the needs of all non-English speaking clients